Monday, September 28, 2009

Memory Monday #16

Grandma wanted to live long enough so that her grandkids would remember her. I write Memory Monday to help the grandkids remember and know Grandma. Davis is the youngest grandchild that Grandma knew on this earth. I have often, sadly, said that his memories of Grandma will be few. Maybe, hopefully, I am wrong. Davis went to the bookshelf last night to get a book for a story. He proudly brought me one of Grandma's Numa yearbooks and said, pointing to a picture on the front, "Gammah, Gammah, Gammah!" I looked at the picture, and sure enough, it was Grandma! We have never looked at that book. I don't know that he's ever seen that particular picture of Grandma. We looked at the yearbook and Davis found Grandma on every page where there was a picture of her. My friend Mindy says that Grandma probably hangs out with Davis more than with the rest of us, and he probably sees her better than we do. I like that idea and I believe it. She is making sure that Davis remembers her. I, too, will make sure that Davis and the rest of the grandkids remember her.

2 comments:

  1. The top picture is one of my favorites. She loved children and couldn't wait for grandchildren. She loved them dearly. I am sure she is very close to all of them and watches them carefully. The veil is so thin. I am so happy to hear that Davis remembers her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma will always be Grandma. We miss her too.

    ReplyDelete