Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Because of sacred temple ordinances, families can be together forever. Since Grandma and Grandpa were sealed for eternity in the Manti Temple on August 24, 1968, today we celebrate the first 41 years of their eternal marriage. We also look forward with faith to their reunion and an eternity of family togetherness. I am grateful for "...choice parents, who saw the wisdom of going to the temple so that (I) might be brought into this world under the temple covenants, so that (I) belong to eternal family that will go for many generations..." I am grateful to "...have been raised under the influence of the gospel by (my) parents, and taught its principles..." Grandma and Grandpa have continued a legacy of obedience to temple covenants started by our pioneer ancestors. They have given us the necessary teachings and example, that we might continue that legacy. May our eternal family truly go for many generations. This is the responsibility that is now ours.


Families can be together forever,
Through Heavenly Father's plan.
I always want to be
With my own family.
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.

What a blessing to know that ours is an eternal family. Thank you, Grandma & Grandpa, and Happy Anniversary!

From our 40th Anniversary Celebration


2 comments:

  1. I just noticed how color coordinated you all were at the 40th. I remember the night before your mom got married. We slept in the same bedroom. Your mom slept all night and I was awake all night worrying. I guess she was very certain she was making the right decision. She has a wonderful legacy and I am sure she is proud of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blessing we have, to be an eternal family. And it's a good thing we all get along so well. Eternity wouldn't be any fun if we didn't like each other! I am so grateful that I have strong relationships with each of my siblings and my parents. You are all truly my best friends! And how awesome that we have such great aunts and uncles too! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete