Monday, May 11, 2009

Memory Monday #8


2006

Grandma loves flowers. Petunias, roses, purple pansies, marigolds, snapdragons. I don't really think that there is a flower that Grandma doesn't like. Jadee and I planted our garden on Saturday. Jadee planted petunias, because they are Grandma's favorite. She kept reminding me that she picked petunias because they're Grandma's favorite. I want the grandkids to remember that Grandma loves flowers. She worked hard every year to have a beautiful yard and flower beds. I want Jeron and Jadee to remember the years that they got to help plant the flowers. Grandma loved to plant flowers with her grandkids. Grandma also loved to send and receive cut flowers from the florist. Her favorite flower from the florist was the carnation. She liked her flowers full and beautiful. Flowers are a way that we can improve our little corners of the world. Grandma always had a beautiful corner. Jadee and I will have a beautiful corner this year...and hopefully for many years to come. And every time we look at our petunias, we'll think of Grandma and how she made our lives beautiful, too.
2008

2 comments:

  1. I remember the roses. There were always big beautiful rose bushes in the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love memory Monday - What a great way to put some perspective into my life! Thank you for sharing. I am not even related and didn't get to know her very long, but find myself thinking, Grandma Rita would say this or do it this way. Thanks for sharing the special memories, you are so much like her - I am lucky to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete